kitchenplay

it's okay to play with your food

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy Obama Day!

What better way to celebrate the inauguration than with a good beer? I haven't tried it yet, but the Inauguration Ale 2009 beer by Ommegang Brewery is being served at Tria. It's described as a Porter with kriek and chocolate flavors. Something sexy and deep and dark in complexion... sound like anyone we know?

Thanks for the tip, Meal Ticket.

Update: Sarah, Daniel and I went to Tria and tried the Inauguration Ale. It was really good... a dark porter but not too heavy, with a touch of sour cherry. We could have kept drinking it, but their limited supply meant only one glass per customer.

"One person, one vote, one person, one obamagang."

If I can figure out how to upload pics from my cell, I'll share a blurry, grayish photo of the beer with you all. I'm sure you're on the edge of your seats!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Mmm... beer.. Sounds delicious!

Unknown said...

I really liked the beer, and usually I don't like beer one bit. Must mean a wave a change has come brought on by our new pres.

kitchenplay said...

YES WE CAN treat prisoners ethically and get buzzed off of really tasty beer!!! ;)