kitchenplay

it's okay to play with your food

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Fuzzy's Taco Shop and CJ Donut Palace

It's a place called Fuzzy's! Naturally I had to go there. Their Shredded Garlic Beef Burrito and Tempura Fish Burrito were super tasty, but the highlight had to be the hot sauce... more vinegary than spicy and a nice complement to the garlicky mayo sauce on the the fish burrito.

The ladies in the costume shop know a thing or two about eating. On multiple occasions someone brought in pastries from CJ Donut Palace, including a variation on pigs in a blanket (think bigger pig, bigger blanket, plus cheese). The donuts were of both the cake and yeast varieties and included a couple different delicious cinnamon roll-type things. The ladies also pointed me in the direction of Chef Point Cafe, a restaurant inside an old Texaco station. I don't know if I'll have the chance to eat there, but the combination of good food plus novel locale is very tempting.

My other favorite place for doughnuts around here is Shipley's. Their melt-in-your-mouth glazed doughnuts put Krispy Kremes to shame. I haven't had them this year, but they were a highlight of my birthday celebration last year.

1 comment:

Bubbles von BonBon said...

Fish burrito? That sounds too good for words...and fots into my complicated eating ;).