kitchenplay

it's okay to play with your food

Sunday, September 28, 2008

kitchenpaint


As I mentioned in an earlier post about my new kitchen, the black and white subway tile inspired me to do a retro color palate. Kitchens in the 1950s/60s are known for their bold colors: primary hues, but also pinks and aquas. My color obsession is for anything blue green (my yarn stash and wardrobe can attest to this). So I knew I wanted a bi-color scheme, with a deep sea-green and a warmer cremesicle shade.

My paints came from Greenable, a store in Old City that specializes in eco-friendly home supplies. I chose the colors Wide Horizons and Honey Bunch from Mythic Paint, a non-toxic, low VOC line.




One painting party later, I have a lovely kitchen.




















The Honey Bunch came out more yellow than orange, but I still love the look.

You can also see that I have a fridge now. As luck would have it, another client of my real estate agent was buying a house with a fridge she didn't want. The client gave me the fridge. I just had to pay for the move, taken care of by Mambo Movers. It's an old-school Westinghouse model. It works fine, but the gasket (the seal around the door) is busted. So I actually have to buy a new one and install it... and pay a bajillion dollars in electricity bills this month. But I'm going to take care of it this week.

www.greenable.net

www.mythicpaint.com

www.mambomovers.com

www.plumerre.com (my real estate agent's agency... look for Trish Kelly)

No comments: